EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Unique beliefs debate

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Krazy
By Krazy | Apr 30 2017 5:02 PM
This is going to be a different thread. Everybody name one view that you hold that isn't mainstream in society. One that's different and not many people believe. It could be anything. It could be something simple, or kinda crazy. Then, somebody name theirs and we'll discuss to see which one is more reasonable than the other.

I'll go first. I believe that dinosaurs still exist today. Now somebody name theirs.
Random Stranger
By Random Stranger | May 2 2017 12:36 AM
Krazy: I think listening to music is boring, even while you do something else.
I'm probably the person next to you.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 2 2017 3:49 PM
Random Stranger: That's interesting although it kinda stinks that we can't debate about that. Music is a personal preference.
admin
By admin | May 2 2017 5:11 PM
I believe the nations of the world should disband their militaries.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | May 3 2017 7:59 AM
admin: I think a lot of the dinosaurs are alive in different parts of the world because you can't really say that an animal is extinct. And people say that they've seen them. When some scientists go out into the Congo for example they say that they've seen monster-sized crocodiles and birds that can swoop down and eat monkeys. That sounds like some sort of pterodactyl or other big flying creature. There are also records of longnecks being seen by local villagers, the biggest type of dinosaurs. And new species are being discovered every year so I don't really think it's far-fetched.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 3 2017 8:01 AM
admin: Who's going to make them give up their militaries, just out of curiosity?
Krazy
By Krazy | May 3 2017 8:10 AM
And you want your nation to have a military. What if the muslims start raiding your country, killing the men and enslaving the women. You would want a group of people to stand up and fight and defend the people wouldn't you?
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | May 3 2017 3:14 PM
Krazy: Dinosaurs do exist today, scientists know that (so it's not radical). Crocodiles and Alligators are two examples.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | May 3 2017 3:16 PM
Krazy: Unless you mean dinosaurs that are believed to be extinct, that would be cool if there was an island with an alive t-Rex.
Jurassic Park in reality!
admin
By admin | May 3 2017 5:04 PM
Krazy: No, I don't. If hordes of invaders come, my personal belief is in turning the other cheek, but even if not, the police is much better suited to these matters than the army. Put individuals responsible into court, let them have fair trials.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 3 2017 5:04 PM
Krazy: Ideally, their constituents.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 3 2017 5:10 PM
Bi0Hazard: There are certain creatures with ancestors who existed during the time of the dinosaurs, but such creatures have evolved over time. Crocodiles were not the same species as those that existed during the time of the dinosaurs.

Other animals like Tuatara are stronger contenders, but they are not technically considered dinosaurs by most biologists. Crocodiles, birds etc evolved from creatures like the Tuatara.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | May 4 2017 12:38 PM
Bi0Hazard: I think some of the dinosaurs (like the T. rex) are actually fictitious. Because no one has ever actually found a complete T. rex skeleton (and no one may have seen the complete front chest part - the part with the tiny arms). The first T. rex they've discovered with some evidence of two front appendages wasn't found until 1989, so I think it had two full-length front legs, they just haven't found the skeleton yet. The tiny arms part was invented in the imaginations of some scientists. And then they say "Hey look, it's evolving!" It probably had normal front legs and walked on all fours, like any other normal animal.
Krazy
By Krazy | May 4 2017 12:41 PM
admin: How is a local police force going to stand against an army of 10,000 soldiers?
admin
By admin | May 4 2017 1:31 PM
Krazy: You don't know any "normal" animals with big back legs and smaller front arms? I can think of at least 5 living ones.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | May 4 2017 1:33 PM
Krazy: Bear in mind several countries have no armies right now and aren't being attacked with 10,000 soldiers. The whole reason 10,000 soldiers could theoretically invade is because armies exist.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | May 4 2017 4:33 PM
admin: Sure, the kangaroo. They might actually have two small arms, but I kinda doubt it for the simple reason that it sounds like a big excuse to get people to believe in evolution. They've never found a full skeleton so for all they know it walked on all fours like most creatures.

The fact that you didn't answer my question says that you agree wth me. You know that policemen aren't enough to defend a country. So imagine if you were the leader of a nation, and somebody waged war against you and they were going to invade and take over. And you refused to form an army to defend your country, the blood of your citizens would be on your hands.
admin
By admin | May 4 2017 5:04 PM
Krazy: So basically you don't believe any other possible evidence except for a full skeleton?

There'd be no point in killing my people. I imagine they'd be turned into slaves mostly. At Parihaka, the local indigenous people refused to fight settler armies who wanted to kill them. They were sent to prisons and hard labor camps. Many died. But morally they had the high ground. Just because others are violent does not justify violence. I think of all reasons to kill, killing in the name of justice has to be the worst, because death isn't justified. Regardless, I did answer the question. The only reason anyone is ever attacked is because of scarcity. Without an army and instead seeking mutual understandings, that problem can be largely overcome. Armies are one of the only remaining barriers to that. It's because of armies that every invasion in the world today is happening.
Let's revive the forums!
Krazy
By Krazy | May 4 2017 8:24 PM
admin: I believe eye-witness testimony is evidence. People say they've seen sauropods and pterosaurs and monster-sized crocs. They exist. Concerning the T-Rex and other similar creatures, it's likely that they have normal front legs because they haven't found a full skeleton, since most creatures walk on all fours.

You're just talking around yourself. How do you think people are going to give up their militaries? The purpose of a military is to defend the people. Why do you want the people to be defenseless? You mention Parihaka, that surrender and defeat is a more honorable decision than protecting themselves. And the women and children are forced to work as slaves in hard labor camps and were worked to death. Is that what you see as the moral thing to do, if you were the ruler and another army invaded?
Krazy
By Krazy | May 4 2017 8:26 PM
Krazy: *Is that what you see as the moral thing to do, if you were the ruler and another army invaded your village?*
Page: 12Most Recent