EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Your favorite kind of topic

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Nov 14 2014 4:07 AM
Of course all topics are awesome, but some of us just prefer certain topics over others. What are your favorite sorts of topics to debate?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Nov 14 2014 4:22 AM
admin: Well, there are a lot of various categories of topics I enjoy. Generally a fan of policy topics, more specifically a fan of topics that involve some measure of science, health, and foreign policy.
admin
By admin | Nov 14 2014 4:29 AM
whiteflame: .. and people say the forums are dead. I get replies here within 15 minutes! ;)

For the benefit of any people from places where policy is not a thing, I've come to realize "policy debate" is what the American term for a debate with a model set in America.

I'm with you on the foreign policy thing. I was always one of the very few debaters who really enjoyed IR topics. Also just random social issues I guess.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
whiteflame
By whiteflame | Nov 14 2014 4:32 AM
admin: I get on board with social issues. Generally like discussing things that take the topic out of a solely moral debate, but I like analyzing why it is that we hold certain views from a more pragmatic perspective.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 14 2014 8:01 AM
International politics. I like exploring history and different civic systems.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Nov 14 2014 12:19 PM
Poll: http://www.edeb8.com/group/Edeb8+Poll+Society#board
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Nov 17 2014 10:18 AM
I'm pretty easy, except I rarely enjoy current affairs political type debates. It's too much like actual arguing.