EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

The answer to why haven't I been on for a longtime

< Return to subforum
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 3 2014 4:56 PM
Life is a struggle, I find every waking hour of my life brings back memories that would be healthier for everyone in my life if I forgot. Every night I lay my head down to rest I cannot get images, sounds, or thoughts to flee from my mind. I have no way to escape my fears, my past, or most fittingly, my abhorrence to every breath I inhale and exhale. It's a big deal to me. And the bottom line is, I am not the healthiest or most stable person around, and I make idiotic choices.

Well anyways, how does my personal life tie into my internet usage?

I made a deal with myself that every time I smoke a cigarette I have to take 15 days off Edeb8. Why? Because I love it here, and because I love smoking. And because I'm 15, so 15 is a good number. Basically, every time I've been gone for a shitload of time like recently, or with the GE Salmon debate, or with the debate about the Bible and contradictions I was in punishment for caving in to my fleshly desires.

Sometimes I cheat and I'll float or say something here or there, just because I want to check up on all y'all or curious to see if anyone has noticed I’ve disappeared, but for the most part I'm gone.

So that’s the answer to the question, “Why don’t you come on edeb8 but you still go on DDO?”

I love Edeb8 more.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Oct 3 2014 6:00 PM
Pinkie: That's somehow both heartening and disheartening at once.

All the best, and I hope that you get through the various rough patches one faces when one is 15ish OK. I think it's pretty cool that you're teaching yourself self-control like that. You've got my support anyway.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 3 2014 6:02 PM
admin: Don't worry about me, I guess I probably shouldn't even have posted this now that I think about it.

Thanks Lars, thanks for edeb8 too.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Oct 3 2014 8:33 PM
Pinkie: Hey Pink, like Lars said, hang in there mate.
If it is any consolation, we have (almost) all been there before. I know what you're going through and I can tell you, it gets definitely better.

I kicked smoking when I was about your age, and I'm sure you can too. Self control is good. It'll help if you have something to fill your time... Maybe we should do a team debate?
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Oct 4 2014 6:02 AM
I'm really bad handling addictive vice's. That expierience alone is enough for me not to get started on them.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 4 2014 6:28 AM
nzlockie: Thank you Mr. Phillips, Sir.
And yes, that is very encouraging. :)

A team debate would be awesome, you should PM me.
GodChoosesLife
By GodChoosesLife | Oct 6 2014 1:12 AM
I concur to this post, I, too, do not get on as much, but when I do, I try to make the most of it.
"Better than deserved, but not as good as I will be." ~R. C. Sproul
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Oct 6 2014 11:21 AM
GodChoosesLife: Yeah, but that's okay. :) We still love you.