EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Terrible Haircut Stories.

< Return to subforum
Page: 12Most Recent
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 8 2014 11:33 AM
Last night I was trimming my fringe because I've lost all trust in hairdressers. And well... I remembered back when I got my last "professionally" done haircut. I remember saying, "Keep the length, I like my hair to stay long." and I watched as he cut 7 inches off my hair and in the end it looked really really bad. Well now, I cut my own hair and it's always perfect.

Have you guys ever gotten a haircut cringe worthy? This thread is for those sad stories.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Aug 8 2014 12:36 PM
Pinkie: Yip. When I first learned to give myself haircuts I was horrible at it. One time I cut off my entire fringe by mistake, the day before I was supposed to receive my prize for winning the Auckland University BP competition.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
sea_shell
By sea_shell | Aug 9 2014 9:24 AM
Pinkie: No bad cuts (thankfully) but if you include colour jobs I have the typical high school home dye stories. Now I pay my very clever stylist and still get carded often enough buying wine to think it's worth it.
I'm not sure if I trust anyone who doesn't have their face as their profile.
admin
By admin | Aug 9 2014 9:44 AM
Went through some old photos today and found this pic of one of New Zealand's greatest debaters giving me said award while I have my terrible haircut.

?oh=08a84febeda99c5e27dac234b7edc25a&oe=54623132&__gda__=1417562187_4dc7dc096ec067eab68d1c75581c4140
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Aug 9 2014 9:45 AM
admin: And here it is for real:

Thumbs up from:
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 9 2014 10:46 AM
sea_shell: That's great! Lol, lucky.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 9 2014 10:47 AM
admin: Lol, yeah, that's pretty bad... :P
Thumbs up from:
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Aug 9 2014 11:20 AM
admin: This one was the official last straw haircut: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/yourphotos?pid=6017521582367433970&oid=105275738465357850023

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Aug 9 2014 3:15 PM
admin: Wow bro, that is a bad haircut.
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 2:04 PM
Pinkie: One time I thought my buzzcut wasn't short enough. So I took a razor (the shaving kind) to it. I ended up giving myself bald spots. It took weeks for the hair to grow back. To this, the area isn't as thick as it it used to be.
With Liberty and Justice for all!
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 2:05 PM
Mharman: *day
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 2:06 PM
Mharman: It's not all bad. You have to look really closely to notice the thinner areas.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2018 2:14 PM
Mharman: How much shorter than a buzzcut can you get before it's just "bald" ?
Let's revive the forums!
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 2:20 PM
admin: IMO: There are different levels of buzz. 1/4 inch being the longest, 1/32 inch being the shortest. Anything shorter is bald.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2018 2:28 PM
Mharman: I didn't know hair grew in sizes that small
Let's revive the forums!
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 2:38 PM
admin: 1/32 inch isn't just military, it's hardcore military.
admin
By admin | Feb 12 2018 3:23 PM
admin: On an aside, also pictured in this photo is a younger Max Harris, who recently wrote a book called The New Zealand Project which caused a minor stir.
Let's revive the forums!
Benji Alexander Smith
By Benji Alexander Smith | Feb 12 2018 3:33 PM
Mharman: I cut my own hair once after I had had a few light refreshments. I literally took it down to the skull in some areas at the back with a pair of scissors. (No, I don't have photos.)
Mharman
By Mharman | Feb 12 2018 3:41 PM
Benji Alexander Smith: how
Benji Alexander Smith
By Benji Alexander Smith | Feb 12 2018 3:43 PM
Mharman: A simple miscalculation of the way a round shape (the back of one's head) and a straight line (scissors) interact. You think you've got the right length at the point you're focusing on, but forget that cutting edge extends beyond that point in both directions. That's how.

I'm not saying it's a regular 'thang', but I managed it once.
Page: 12Most Recent