EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Weekends

< Return to subforum
admin
By admin | Mar 12 2014 7:32 PM
EDEB8 gets massive noticeable drops in usage on weekends. This is a very clear trend over a long period of time.

Any thoughts on why this is?
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 12 2014 8:05 PM
admin: Well if its a noticible drop its got to be me, you or pinkie... Can't you just check the ips and see which one of us is responsible? ;)
admin
By admin | Mar 12 2014 8:10 PM
nzlockie: Nah, we're always here. It's got to be the others. This has been particularly noticeable for about a month or two though.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 6:45 AM
nzlockie: I'm not on much on Saturday or Sundays.
Please excuse me as I'm not super creative when it comes to forum signatures.
admin
By admin | Mar 21 2014 8:32 AM
Pinkie: How come?
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 8:36 AM
admin: Why do you ask?
admin
By admin | Mar 21 2014 8:40 AM
Pinkie: Just curious. My obvious concern, if it's just weekdays, is that people might have desk jobs throwing spam at websites like mine. But if there's a legitimate reason why people would use the sites less on weekends I can be at peace.
Let's revive the forums!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 12:37 PM
admin: Oh, well in that case, I'm only home 3 hours during the day on Sunday, and I have school and chores on Saturday.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 21 2014 12:41 PM
Pinkie: What chores?
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 12:44 PM
nzlockie: Why?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 21 2014 12:46 PM
Pinkie: Just curious...
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 21 2014 2:43 PM
nzlockie: Oh, okay. What do you do on Sundays and Saturdays?
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 21 2014 3:18 PM
Pinkie: Weelll, considering today is Saturday...
I'm SUPPOSED to be writing a class on Remote Control systems that I'm presenting in Wellington next week. After that I have two more classes to write, although one of them I've done before and will probably just reuse my old material and the other one I could probably get away with just winging it.

Clearly, I'm getting bored with that and I'm wasting time on Edeb8 and 8tracks.

This morning I went a fixed a customer's car and I also have some invoicing to do this weekend.
Tomorrow I'm on music at church so I'll be going down there early. After that I'm going to go over to Napier to find a nice bar. I have a VIP guy coming over from Oz next week to do some work with me before the Wellington gig and I need to find somewhere nice to take him. He's a home brewer and when we travel around Oz together we always go looking for nice local beers but you know how it is, you never really know where the good places are in your own city...

After that, I'll be needing to get back to working on my classes. And probably doing the invoicing that I should have done today.

Your turn!
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 22 2014 3:39 PM
nzlockie: Hm, sounds good.
I wake up, take a shower, eat breakfast, do dishes, vacuum, have lunch, do dishes, laundry, babysit, dishes, clean the bathtub, do dishes, do school work, babysit, make dinner, go to a local bar and catch a few beers, and read. The normal stuff a 14 year old girl does. except it takes 12 hours to do those things.

nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 22 2014 3:57 PM
Pinkie: Stink buzz that's a lot of dishes.
I used to hate doing dishes. My brother and I would always fight over who got to wash.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Mar 22 2014 4:38 PM
nzlockie: Yeah, but the beer makes up for it.
nzlockie
By nzlockie | Mar 22 2014 5:17 PM
Pinkie: Lol - true. Although I've had your weak-as American "beer". It's only really any good for 14 yr old girls. In a couple of years you're going to have to graduate onto something different.
admin
By admin | Mar 22 2014 6:08 PM
Pinkie: In New Zealand it would be illegal to go drink beer in a bar under the age of 18.
Let's revive the forums!
Nerd Politico
By Nerd Politico | Mar 23 2014 1:46 AM
admin: The weekend is when I do homework. The week is when I procrastinate.
Pinkie
By Pinkie | Apr 1 2014 3:14 AM
admin: Oh that sucks for all those NZ folks except it's 21 here so yeah. :P