EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Edeb8's The Novice

< Return to subforum
Crow
By Crow | Aug 1 2016 2:38 PM
This my theme day for tuesday. Yes, I know it is Monday, but we are going off of New Zealand time.

This is basically just a game variation of the American and British show, The Apprentice.

Every week a new challenge will be offered, and participants will have to write a written proposal for a fictional corporation called "DebateX," which specializes in making money through debating.

The winner becomes apart of 3 judges on the next challenge, and the oldest serving judge on the panel, will be written off the board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge One: International Tournament

DebateX wants to host a professional international tournament for debaters. They have tasked you with creating a detailed proposal to bring forward to the board. The project is open, but they have laid out several expectations of what they want to hear in the presentation.

1. The international tournament should be the principal event for distinguished competitive debaters, similar to an event like The Olympics or Xgames.

2. They want to ensure that at least 100 of the most skillful competitive debaters from around the world compete.

3. They expect a name and basic structure for the tournament to be provided in the pitch

4. Plans on how to profit from the tournament need to be provided!!!

DebateX gives you 5 days to prepare your presentation before review.
The ADB committee just changed its policy on 8/28/2016
No communication with admin. Ever.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 1 2016 2:39 PM
Just post your submissions into this thread.
admin
By admin | Aug 1 2016 2:53 PM
Crow: Who are the 3 judges this time around :P
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Crow
By Crow | Aug 1 2016 2:59 PM
admin: If you don't want to compete, then you can be a judge this time.

ATM I am the first judge since this thing is just starting.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 4 2016 2:32 PM
Here is mine:
The IDC(International Debating Cup) is a competition held yearly for professional debaters across the world. The debates are one on one most of the time and at times two vs two. Public debaters get invited to compete and there are tryouts. The IDC is the main debating international tournament. Also, people debating can choose any language to debate in as long as it is recognized by the IDC. The tournament begins with people speaking the same language debating. Debates between people speaking different languages are translated to the other person debating by mouth to the other debater. Debate structures may vary, but they are mainly one on one with several rounds on topics chosen by the IDC(usually have to do with current affairs). People debating can choose what subjects(Like science or economics) to debate on but not the exact question(Like, Should Gay Marriage be legal?). There are judges which decide the winner on majority vote. The number of judges in a debate may vary. The winner of a debate goes on to another debate, the loser is out for that year. Eventually, there will be two debaters left, which compete in a few finals. The winner wins the gold. The loser gets the silver for being one of the two left.

TRYOUTS AND ENTERING

The tryouts will be a debate for a the person to compete in. Judges will decide if the person is capable. The IDC will invite debaters from across the world who compete in public debates. They may even invite some politicians.

PROFIT

The IDC receives its profit from debate admissions, and countries competing. Countries pay the IDC for its citizens to compete and be in the IDC. People watching the tournaments pay an admission fee, which goes to the IDC.

I know this is probably far from satisfactory, but I can edit it after you examine it.
Also, this seems shorter than you may expect it to be.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 10 2016 11:38 AM
Crow: Looks like I win.
Crow
By Crow | Aug 10 2016 1:58 PM
Bi0Hazard: Not necessarily.
Bi0Hazard
By Bi0Hazard | Aug 10 2016 2:00 PM
Crow: You said if nobody else posts, I win by default. 5 days have past, and I am the only one who posted.