EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

Profile of the Edeb8r.

< Return to subforum
Page: 123456Most Recent
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 11:56 AM
Thett3: lol

I'm a long-time member of the Church of Pastafarianism (peace be upon the prophet, Chickadee).

We're sort of.. unitarian.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Thett3
By Thett3 | Oct 25 2015 11:57 AM
The church of NAC is gay
Thumbs up from:
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 11:57 AM
Thett3: Is that a problem?
~JohnMaynardKeynes
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Thett3
By Thett3 | Oct 25 2015 11:58 AM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Yes
Thumbs up from:
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 11:59 AM
Thett3: Figures... are you going to tie us to and then burn a crucifix, as most Texans do?
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Dassault Papillon
By Dassault Papillon | Oct 25 2015 12:02 PM
JohnMaynardKeynes: No you'll be burned at the steak.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 12:03 PM
Dassault Papillon: *stake

Unless there's actually steak involved.... in which case, sign me up.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Thett3
By Thett3 | Oct 25 2015 12:03 PM
JohnMaynardKeynes: u should join the DDO hangout
Thumbs up from:
1harderthanyouthink
By 1harderthanyouthink | Oct 25 2015 12:04 PM
Thett3: Oh god would that not be a show...
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 12:04 PM
Thett3: lol

Pass.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
admin
By admin | Oct 25 2015 12:05 PM
OK, on that note, now is probably the time to end this. Things have just been too heated. There's nothing to be gained from posting here at this point. Make new threads if you must.

Some of this veers dangerously close to bullying but I'll let it slide since I won't use material from other websites against members.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Romanii
By Romanii | Oct 25 2015 12:08 PM
JohnMaynardKeynes: Yeah. Sorry.

I don't think your hostility in this thread is warranted, nor was I impressed by the AMA fiasco from several days back. You're not a jackass, but it's also blatantly untrue that you never instigate drama. That's all I have to say.
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 12:13 PM
Romanii: Sure. You would be wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion -- and if you want to discuss this more, we can do it privately, though I'll respect Lars's wishes and stop.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Romaniii
By Romaniii | Oct 25 2015 12:57 PM
lmao
To Lars, I apologize for accidentally reporting every single post before replying to it.
Sam Stevens
By Sam Stevens | Oct 25 2015 2:42 PM
admin: 1) " e nice to each other"

2) " I'd say DDO is a magnet for sociopathic unstable people "

Being that there are peeps from DDO on here, those words in the first quotation don't really come off as nice and may offend some viewers. Since it is directed at some people involved in this discussion, isn't the first quotation breaching the rule established in the 2nd quotation?

admin
By admin | Oct 25 2015 2:46 PM
Sam Stevens: I don't think so, because it doesn't imply that any specific DDO user is actually that. I was on DDO and I wasn't sociopathic or unstable. Likewise saying people on edeb8 are often sociopathic, for example, is nothing more than a stereotype.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Sam Stevens
By Sam Stevens | Oct 25 2015 2:51 PM
admin: Okay, because it just seemed like a slight contradiction. Thank you for clearing that up.
Bolshevik-
By Bolshevik- | Oct 25 2015 3:38 PM
JohnMaynardKeynes: I'm sure Imabench will still be on DDO 20 years from now...
Victory: http://www.edeb8.com/forum/Games/828
JohnMaynardKeynes
By JohnMaynardKeynes | Oct 25 2015 3:43 PM
Bolshevik-: Doubtful -- he'll be banned before that point.
~JohnMaynardKeynes
Irelia
By Irelia | Oct 25 2015 4:08 PM
Seriously, people need to stop stalking JMK. Get a life, and leave him the hell alone.
My name is Julia. I'm currently a Freshmen in College. I'm majoring in Astrophysics. I love debating! I've been on my High school debate club for 4 years, and now I'm in a Communication's argumentative
Page: 123456Most Recent