EDEB8 - Ultimate Online Debating
About Us   Debate    Judge   Forum

WODC Round 1 Rest Day

< Return to subforum
Page: 123Most Recent
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 3:27 PM
Blackflag: Use the MOST RECENT email ... you probably were sent several
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 3:28 PM
admin: What about everyone else who tries to join the site? There is obviously something regarding your emails that causes the service to filter it as spam.
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 3:29 PM
admin: Done. Kudos on the fast responces btw. Why was I sent two emails though?
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 3:29 PM
Blackflag: There's nothing inherent to my emails at all. You can check them yourself if you like. A lot of people have told me this and so I've run the emails themselves with all headers etc through several online spam checker services. Nothing shows.
I'm the main developer for the site. If you have any problems, ideas, questions or concerns please send me a message.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 3:30 PM
Blackflag: There was a small mistake in the draw the first time around which caused a few matchups to be wrong. Sorry about that.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 9:52 PM
admin: Yet people are continuing to tell you that your emails are filtered as spam
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:13 PM
Blackflag: And what can I do about that?
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:15 PM
admin: Fix it. Unless you don't know how too, in which I can only request that you look for help
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:16 PM
Blackflag: Nobody in the world can fix it. It's not a problem with the site, but with your mail filter.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:16 PM
admin: And what's wrong with my mail filter? It's gmail with default settings
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:18 PM
Blackflag: That gmail thinks it's spam when it's not. Gmail isn't a perfect system.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:19 PM
admin: Okay, then we're back at square one. Fix the emails so email services wont detect them as spam.
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:22 PM
Blackflag: This is why I get all depressed about working on this site.

People who ask me for things constantly that I keep telling them are LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME OR ANYONE ELSE TO DO.
People who openly abuse the voting systems and campaign to break them.
People who demean other users' capacity for learning without ever giving them a chance.

I can't stand this. I'm taking another break.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:25 PM
admin:
I can't stand this. I'm taking another break.

Stop quitting on your own site. Man up and take charge, sheesh.
If you don't have what it takes than stop trying. I know you do though, and that is why you need to stop acting like you are beneath your userbase. Not so, you are the ADMINISTRATOR .
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:27 PM
admin: You need to learn to learn. Learn to be assertive. Learn to be decisive. Learn to do something other than make discussions that don't go your way an excuse to be depressed.
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:28 PM
Blackflag: See, that attitude is what antagonizes people. You assume it's about "having what it takes." Just assume that if somebody disagrees with you they must be stupid or whatever. Say you know I do like it's a site bug, without any evidence to that effect, despite me constantly telling you that I've checked that possibility like a thousand times.
Let's revive the forums!
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:30 PM
Blackflag: This isn't a discussion. I don't have a choice, there's literally nothing edeb8 can do. People on DDO talk to me nicer than you've been doing here the past month or so. Nor am I making excuses. I would LOVE to do something if it were possible to do so. I would have done it years ago when I first checked this stuff.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:31 PM
admin: Most emails do not filter as spam. Design them like most emails. There. A solution.
admin
By admin | Jun 20 2015 10:32 PM
Blackflag: Every email on the site is designed exactly the same, except for the text on the inside. The sole exception is badge notifications, which have only an extra image (the new badge).

Further, sometimes different emails with exactly the same content have been labelled spam or not spam by different service providers.
Let's revive the forums!
Blackflag
By Blackflag | Jun 20 2015 10:34 PM
admin: See, that is where you misunderstand me. If I though you were 'stupid or whatever' I wouldn't go back and forth with you or dedicate so much of my time to your dream, the best online debating site possible. If you want to quit than just say so. Stop using me as an excuse to give up all the time. It would be a teeny bit pathetic if the site adminstrator quits on his own site twice because he was to stressed to finish a discussion. If you don't want to discuss, then stop. That's good advice right there.
Page: 123Most Recent